Field Service Technician
Location – Region:
Green Bay & Milwaukee, WI
Report to Title:
Total Industrial Air is seeking a qualified field service technician. The Total Industrial Air Service Technician is responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, and performing planned maintenance, warranty, and start-ups on industrial air equipment. The Total Industrial Air Service Technician will perform the service work necessary for them to achieve acceptable customer satisfaction with the efficient use of assigned resources.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the efficient, effective, safe, and economical use of service department resources to accomplish their job assignment.
- Perform planned maintenance and repairs on industrial air compressors and related system equipment at customer locations.
- Diagnose problems using laptop computer and software.
- Process required workorders and estimates in a timely manner.
- Responsible for communicating repairs needed to both the customer and managers.
- Responsible for parts inventory on service truck.
- Responsible for maintenance and cleanliness of service truck.
- Responsible for laptop and cellular phone usage.
- Responsible for tracking time and expenses each day.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Participate in the rotation of a 24/7 on-call technician rotation.
- Maintain a library or database of service-related literature or information.
- Maintain vehicle maintenance logs and records.
- Answers appropriate customer inquiries satisfactorily and requests help in locating the proper information as necessary to resolve the issue.
- Performs any other duty or task as assigned.
- High School Degree or equivalent.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Basic mechanical and electrical knowledge.
- The ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions finished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Able to work overtime, some weekends and travel out of town.
- Self-motivated, attention to detail, and good organizational skills.
- Able to comprehend and trouble shoot from wiring schematics.
- Knowledge in A/C and D/C Electrical.
- Computer literate and capable of utilizing basic computer functions.
- This position will be working primarily on-site traveling to numerous customer locations but also requires work to be done in the shop depending on workload.
- This position will be frequently working around electricity and other potential hazards.
- Some lifting will be required.
- The noise level in the work environment can reach levels where noise protection is required.